I went on vacation and my mind obviously never came back. That and the fact that "I'll do it later" always seemed to fall after I landed on my life-sucking couch and the rest is history. I've really been horrible about updating everyone and I apologize. It's a new month and I'm trying to turn over a new leaf to keep updated on everything. We'll see how it goes.
I have a few things to update you on that are happening in the near future at Cottonpickers. We do have 2 buses going down to the NQA Show in a couple weeks. The Thursday bus is full but we still have a few seats left on the Saturday bus. If you have any questions about this event or the buses, please call us at 440-428-6449 and we can try to answer all of your questions.
Also, we have now joined Facebook. Become our friend and see what Beth has been up to lately. She's been posting pictures of fabric and books as they arrive as well as other projects she's been working on.
Once again this year we are part of the Steppin' Out Quilt Tour Shop Hop. It will run from July 12th - 31st and this year there are 15 shops involved. For more information on which shops are participating and how to get involved check out their website at SteppinOutQuiltTour.com. The passport fee has slightly changed for this year - we are participating in the Million Pillowcase Challenge. As we did last year all pillowcases donated will be given to ConKerr Cancer and stay locally within the Children's Hospitals in the area. They include Rainbow Babies, Akron General Children's Hospital and Cleveland Clinic. To get your passport, you can either (A) purchase a passport for $5 or (B) Donate a handmade pillowcase for a child (ages 2-17). For more information please call us at 440-428-6449.
Alright, getting to the good stuff! I know I am so far behind on updating what fabrics have arrived. Here is the shorter and simpler version. Sorry no pictures, but you can come in and see and touch the fabrics if you wish!
- Indigo Berries by Jo Morton for Andover Fabrics - Blues of every shade, they're delectable!
- Cherish Nature by Deb Strain for Moda - the panel is so adorable!
- Ravenwood by Jo Morton for Andover Fabrics - Blacks and Greys to go with your scraps!
- Martinique by 3 Sisters for Moda - just yummmmmy!
- Cocoa Express by Jo Morton for Andover Fabrics - the best browns you could ask for!
- Rural Jardin by French General for Moda - Come and get it while it lasts, not much left!
- Garden Song by Nancy Halverson for Benartex (we have the pattern book for this line too)
- More and More Batiks - all sorts from lights, darks, grapes, flowers, etc. Come take a look!
- Desert Nine Patch Kit and Batiks - this fabric is so scrumptious, you'll just love it!
- Fruitcake by BasicGrey for Moda - not your gramma's fruitcake, that's for sure!
- Northwoods Botanical by Holly Taylor for Moda - we're getting kits together for this of Bonnie Blue's Simple Star Pattern. It's really worth checking out!
- Wrapped in Paisley by Kansas Troubles for Moda - they're just yummy to go with the Charm Packs we have!
- Tidings by Nancy Halverson for Benartex - we have the advent calendar with this line!
We have much more to come and I apologize if I missed one or two. I think that about covers most of them. I promise to keep you all in the loop and not fall under the spell of my life-sucking couch. It's hard to resist! Become friends with us on Facebook for other updates and information and we hope to see you in the store soon!